– Today we get all up in them ears. – Let’s talk about that. (groovy electronic music) – Good Mythical Morning. – Since we’re about to
talk personal grooming, this is the perfect chance to remind you that you can get some
highly Mythical pomade, lip balm, beard oil and more. All part of the Mythical
grooming collection at Mythical.com and Amazon.com/Mythical. – Moving on. Careful. Moving onto our ears
which you may have heard, you can’t hear without ’em. – What? – But just how much gunky goo is hiding in your ears right now? Well there are tons of
strange ear cleaning methods on the market but who has enough time or enough ear wax to try ’em all? Oh well we do. It’s time for Clean Up! Clean Up On Aisle Ears! – We’ve asked some Mythical
team members to research some strange ear wax extraction methods which they are now going to perform on other Mythical team volunteers. – But no one volunteered.
– So on us. We’ve been volunteered. – [Rhett and Link] Round one. – Okay Ellie, I am donating my right ear to your ear waxpert research purposes. – Thank you so much for supporting science.
– What are you gonna do? – So as your waxpert, I’m going
to be doing ear irrigation, invented by the Sumerians.
– Cool. – You’re using this product? – [Ellie] Yes so this is called Wax Rx– – Oh gosh.
– And it is essentially like a tube of Windex.
– Weed killer? – Yeah weed killer,
Windex, whatever you want. All-purpose spray and
its purpose is to get the wax out of your ear. – [Link] It’s got like a
radar on the end of it. – [Ellie] Yeah well there’s splash back. – That doesn’t look safe.
– I just hold this up? – It starts with these guys
and you’re gonna hold that on your ear just like that,
you’re doing great and– – Hold on, I gotta measure.
– This softens the wax. – How deep is, it’s going that deep? – That’s like a hummingbird’s tongue. Oh man, I don’t want to watch this. I’m glad my ears ain’t involved. – Before we get going, let’s watch a clip of this in action so you
know that it’s a real thing that I didn’t invent. – [Girl] Oh, oh, we got
something, look at that. Zoom in, look at that, oh my God. Look at this. (all yelling) – What?
– Oh. – At first I was like it’s an ear. Wow, a little gargoyle came out of there. – You hate it but you
kinda love it, right? It’s kinda satisfying. – I hope we get one of
those from you, man. – In preparation–
– It’s like digging for gold. – I was told not to clean my ears so I haven’t done it for over a week. – Did you really not?
– Over a week? – I didn’t.
– I find that hard to believe but we’ll see.
– I’m not holding this down. – What’s inside Link Neal’s ear. – Can you just insert slowly and if I, I need a safe word or something. – Let’s pick a fun one like tympani. Okay, it’s in.
– Oh, oh, okay. – [Ellie] Does that feel okay? – [Link] Yes. – Are you ready for a spritz? Three, two, one. – Oh! That–
– There it goes. – Oh, oh there, oh! – Is that okay?
– Oh my word! – I’m just gonna keep going. We just gotta irrigate
it out like a neti pot. – I feel like I gotta hold my breath. – You don’t have to, you can breathe, just breathe in and out. – He breathes through his ears. – [Ellie] Slowly. (Link gasps and moans) Through your nose. – [Rhett] Just don’t breathe through your ears–
– And then out through your mouth.
– During this part. – Okay, oh, okay. Let it drain!
– I feel like I see something coming. – Let it drain or something. – [Ellie] No it’s draining,
it’s coming right back out so it’s poppin’ in and out. – My underwear is getting wet. (Ellie and crew chuckle) – Oh no! – Maybe–
– And it’s really, it’s really warm. – Maybe he needed a towel.
– What’s that? Okay. – It’s a towel right here, I didn’t– – Okay we’re gonna go in.
– You could have put the towel on your shoulder but you know. – See look, look at this.
(crew laughing) – Yeah I think you need to put
the towel on your shoulder. – Yeah.
– Too late. – I’ll put it on my crotch now. – Do you feel like wax is moving around? – I can’t hear anything.
– Oh no. You can’t hear out of this ear? – I feel like I’ve lost, I
feel very dizzy too. (laughs) – [Ellie] Oh no. – Now I– – Please repeat as
needed to remove all wax. Well– – There’s a little brown thing. – Really? – There’s one little brown thing. – Oh there’s one, oh no no no no no. (crew laughs) – Yeah, gravity is still a thing. – Yeah, here.
– Wow, very dizzy. – We have– – Oh. – [Ellie] A tiny piece of
wax from Link Neal’s ear. – Oh. (Rhett and crew applauding) Mission accomplished. – [Rhett and Link] Round two. – Okay Emily, what are you
gonna do to my left ear? – Well, this is the,
it’s spelled Y-E-A-M-O-N so I’m gonna call it
Yeamon Spiral Wax Remover. – Yeah, mon. – Yeah or yeah, mon.
– Yeah, man! (Emily chuckles) – Yeah, mon, yeah yeah, I like that. I’m so ready.
– So we got thee different size silicone. – I’m a little nervous.
– It’s soft silicone. Nothing to be afraid of
except for it’s basically fracking in your ear
without burning the world to the ground but I have a little light. I can see what I’m doing and it turns. Just touch it with your
finger, it’s nothing to be, ah! (Rhett chuckles nervously) – Oh try to get a rise out of him. – It just turns slowly?
– Yeah. – That seems gentle.
– Right? Okay here we go, we’re gonna, all right. (chuckles) Okay here we go.
– Oh wow. Oh my goodness. Oh. – Is that too deep? Tell me when it’s too deep? – Rhett?
– It feels great. – [Emily] I think I’m
getting a lot of stuff. – Really?
– Yeah. – I traditionally have pretty dirty ears. – Okay.
– Oh. That’s nothing. – Oh can you open that box? We have some Q-tips.
– Oh is the wax in there? – (chuckles) The prestige! – It’s a magic trick. – (laughs) Yeah, exact– – There’s no Q-tips in here. – Oh here they are, here we go. Or should I, I’m gonna do it
with a cotton ball, all right? I’m gonna just run this
along the cotton ball. – [Link] Ew, Rhett. – [Rhett] Oh! – [Link] There’s a yellow film. – [Rhett] Oh yeah, it’s a yellow film. – That’s pretty impressive, it just– – Yeah, I feel clean. And also, you know what, I’ll use the special massaging tip later just on my own time. – Oh well let me, allow me
to give you some privacy. – Yeah me too. – [Rhett and Link] Round three. – Okay Chase, my left ear is all yours. – Well thank you. – It’s quite the trust exercise. – It’s my favorite of your ears. – Okay yeah. – I’ve never seen it. – You won’t see it. – This is the intelligent
visual ear pic camera so this is like that
just regular doctor tip to just see inside first.
– Oh. – So if I–
– I’ll turn, okay. – [Chase] I can get all
up in here and stuff but– – Oh wow, look at that.
– This is like an actual product. I think we do have a clip
of this if you wanna see. – Sure.
– What it looks like. – I’m getting it on my phone. This is where I’m seeing the image. Okay so you can see
right away, look, look. That’s actual ear wax. – Ew.
– I can’t imagine your ear looking like
that but let’s find out. – Getting in and I don’t think
your ears are that dirty. But I can–
– Oh wow. – [Chase] Get in here. (Rhett groans) – [Link] It is a hairy cave in there. – [Rhett] What in the world? – [Chase] Yeah this is
like a fleshy portal. – Oh gosh, that is so gross, Link. – I’m not seeing much. – [Link] Oh what is that? – [Rhett] I think that’s a boil. – Oh, ew, gracious. Oh you’re going deeper, okay. – Is that okay? – Yeah yeah, I can feel it on my tonsils. – [Rhett] There’s something back there. There is something.
– Is it moving? – [Link] Trees, there’s like– – [Rhett] There’s something
way, way, way back there. – Oh!
– Oh wow. – [Rhett] Yeah you see that, you see that? – [Link] What is, it’s an animal. – [Chase] That’s like a river of wax. – It’s a frickin’. It’s a road kill. – I think it’s like a bear. – Push past the forest.
– I’m trying. – [Rhett] Oh! Oh there, oh, oh!
– Push. – [Rhett] No look at that! Oh gosh, look at– – That’s it.
– In fact if we could just get that in focus.
– I can’t get it to, I have no focus. – Is there a tongue on
the end of that thing? – [Rhett] It looks like
the frickin’ LA river. – Okay so there’s–
– Like barely flowing and toxic sludge. – I’m gonna switch to this one, try to pull some of that out of there. – I think it’s clear that
I need my ear hair trimmers to kick into high gear. – No ear hairs are good, man. They protect you. – I’m gonna grab some of this. – There’s tweezers on the end of that? – No it’s like a little spoon or a pick. – Oh you’re gonna scoop it. All right, do it. – Okay. – Oh my gosh. – [Stevie] I’m so scared about this. – You should be.
– Please, please– – I’m glad it’s not my ear.
– Please be careful. – I’ve done this once before. – [Rhett] Look that’s the
gold part right there. Literally it’s gold. – [Link] That’s a bit deep
but yeah, oh yeah, that hurts. – [Chase] Oh I’m sorry. – What is that, man?
– Did you get something? – No I’m gonna extend it a little bit. – [Rhett] That’s what you need to do. Just make it longer.
– You should be wearing gloves for your own safety.
– Make it longer and more dangerous. – That’s sanitized. – I don’t understand why it can’t– – [Chase] Oh see now you can see it. – [Rhett] Oh dude. – Get that stuff right there. Get that stuff. Yeah get that. Scrape it. – [Rhett] What’s happening? – [Link] Oh there we
go, now you’re doing it. – I feel like this is
gonna end up on PornHub. – What? I don’t wanna be, okay. – Oh! Gentle.
– I’m sorry. – [Link] Okay. (groans) Oh my gosh.
– I’m getting very little. – I just think–
– I got a lot more in my own ear when I tried it. (all laughing) Ooh look at all that residue though. It’s oily in there. – Yeah that’s because of the drops. – I’ve still got wax–
– I feel like I could get more out with just my finger. – You can feel the pressure better and you can–
– Look at that. Look at that shiny finger. – Just a lot of that oil, ear remover oil. – That’s what it is. It’s that ear oil that we
spritzed in there earlier, it’s making a river of gold. – [Rhett and Link] Round four. – Okay Matt, I give you my right ear. – Excellent, so we are
gonna be doing ear candling. – Oh gosh. – Yeah with the Happy
Ears Beeswax Candles. So I don’t know if you guys
have ever done this before but what we’re gonna do is place– – Many years ago I think we did. – Long time ago, long time.
– Maybe 10 years ago. – So you know of the efficacy
because this is magic. You’ve done a lot of things
that use science and whatnot. This uses spirituality a little bit. (Rhett laughs) So you have to believe
in it for it to work. So we put this directly in your ear and then we are gonna put
like a little ash catcher and then we’re gonna light it on fire. And then the fire summons
some sort of demon magic that pulls out the ear wax. – These are different than
the ones I’ve seen before. – Yeah.
– It’s a much tighter spiral. – Yeah yeah, they’ve
really upped their game in terms of making these. So as the candle burns,
it creates some sort of suction that pulls out the bad spirits. – Smells good. – And it softens ear wax,
that’s the thing about fire is it’s mostly known
for softening ear wax. – And melts the side of your head.
– Mostly. – Yeah, well, that’s the side effect. And then when we’re done
we’re gonna just cut it open and see what’s inside and see all the wax. – The head? – No your head’s gonna stay in tact but the candle we’re gonna cut open, so first to give you a demonstration, I think we have a clip
with Jessica Simpson. – Oh God! – [Ken] Look, you’re halfway down there. – Halfway, I’ve been
sitting here for 20 minutes. – [Ken] Yo. – Ken.
– You look crazy. I just have to show that
you made your candle tray out of a Papa John’s pizza box. – I didn’t make it, you did. – [Ken] Okay but it’s green and red. – Oh, why’s it so hot? – ‘Cause of the fire, Jessica. Because of the fire.
– Yo, you look so crazy. Yo. – So here’s how we’re gonna do it. – Lay it down, Rhett. – First, yeah, you lay your
pretty little head down and then I’m going to
stick this into this hole so that you don’t get any ash on you and we’re gonna hold this at
a 90 degree angle like that. You wanna hold onto it to
make sure it stays straight? – Hold on was Jessica holding onto hers? – Yeah I believe so. – Can I light? – Yeah, go ahead and light it. Okay, you gotta wait a
little bit, the fire. – Oh it sizzle, it’s sizzling. – Yeah you’re gonna hear a sizzle and you’re gonna hear some
pops and you’re gonna feel a sort of a suction. – That’s your judgment dissipating. – Exactly. You might hear the voices
of different spirits deep inside of you from
thousands of years ago. – [Rhett] There’s a lot
of crackling happening. – Yeah yeah yeah yeah yeah,
that’s part of the spirit. – Now Rhett I don’t know if you can see it but there’s a huge flame
on the end of this thing so don’t drop it. – Yeah yeah yeah.
– On me. – But let’s get that deeper in there ’cause we’re getting
a little bit of smoke. Yeah, just make sure the
smoke stays in there. We want it in your ear. – So how long do we need to wait? – It takes I think about eight minutes. Three, two, all right.
(Rhett screams) All right he can let go of it. You can lift your head
up and now I’m gonna– – What you gonna do?
– Oh, oh, oh, oh. – Now see, I opened up this
one while we were waiting. Nothing in here.
– Completely clean. – Just like a beeswax stalk.
– Sure, all right. So we’re gonna first I’m
gonna cut the edge off here. – [Link] So that’s the burning part. – Uh-huh, and now this should
contain all of your wax. – Open that up.
– Okay. – [Link] You tell me this is
gonna have ear wax in it see. – It’s gonna have all of the
ear wax that was built up. – [Link] Oh, pulling that open. – [Matt] Look at that. – What?
– A little bit of ear wax right there. – [Link] You’re saying that
this white stuff is ear wax? – No no no no no, don’t
worry about what that is. That’s totally normal
and fine but you see, you see the yellow stuff right there. – Oh, that.
– That right there. – That’s bees wax that
melted down in there, man. – Nah, ’cause like science
is trying to lie to you about stuff like that. But this is real, man,
this is, that is straight– – It’s not real. In Good Mythical More we’re
gonna burn one of these in a mannequin head to
prove that that stuff is still gonna show up. – And I will say that
the FDA does warn against using ear candles. Also doesn’t recommend even
putting Q-tips or cotton swabs in your ears so you
probably shouldn’t put any of this stuff in your ear. We just did it for entertainment purposes. – And boy was it entertaining. – Thanks for liking,
commenting and subscribing. – You know what time it is. – Hi I’m Frankie Valentine
and I’m about to turn in my last final for my very
first semester of grad school and it’s time to spin
the Wheel of Mythicality! – Wow it’s that simple these days. – Congratulations! – Click the top link to
watch us test an ear candle on a mannequin head and play Which Mythical Team
Member’s Ear Am I Touching in Good Mythical More. – And to find out where the Wheel of Mythicality’s gonna land. – [Rhett] We’re on Amazon! – [Link] Well technically
it’s just our merch. Mythical goods with Prime
shipping available now at Amazon.com/Mythical.